Monday, September 13, 2010

The Summer of George

Also known as Whirlwind Summer, Summer of Change, Summer Fantastico, etc. etc...

I don't usually like to do the chronological blog entry, but I feel like this time it's necessary. So much to discuss! As Mrs. Von Trapp would say, let's start at the very beginning.

M A Y !
This may come as a shock, but we went to Disneyland this summer. We met up with Leanne and Isaac, Mom, Laura, Paul and Paulo. When Disneyland tells you that they'll let you in for 5 days for the price of 3, you don't hesitate. We got to witness Isaac falling in love with Dumbo (it was his first trip to Dland!) and Paulo successfully defeating a sith lord. We had a great time with the little guys, and a great time leaving them with Grandma in the evening to do the big kid rides. :)

I love Disneyland. And my bearded husband.

J U N E !

June 14, 2010 was anniversary #7 for us (the picture was from last year, but we were dancing to the Hawaiian wedding song, so it relates. right?). We celebrated by signing away all we saved for the below...

June 25, 2010 McKay and I officially closed on our very first house. We annoyed the crap out of our broker until she finally called us back to tell us, OKAY! GO PICK UP YOUR KEYS! (and stop calling me).

I like to see pictures of other people's houses, so I thought I'd post a few of ours...

Front Porch...


The living room is to the left of the entry way...

The office is to the right...



Down the hall is the Dining room and slider to the backyard...

And the kitchen and pantry...

(Pantry!! Yeee!! :))


The upstairs loft/TV viewing area...


Laundry room...

The master bedroom...

The master closet (YEE!!! :))

The master bathroom.

There are two other bedrooms upstairs, but as they are empty and identical I thought I would omit the pictures. Luckily, some of these rooms have a bit more furniture now, but it's a work in progress. When we first moved in we joked that people who came over were going to think we were squatters. It's not as bad now.

J U L Y !

I'm drawing a blank on July...

A U G U S T !

Little Mary got herself hitched in August, and McKay and I were lucky enough to be able to travel to Boston to be there for the big day.


Mary made a lovely bride, and it sure was nice to meet my new brother-in-law, even if it was 5 minutes before the sealing. :)

After the wedding day McKay and I had a very small window of time to explore a bit of Boston.
Here we are at Louisa May Alcott's house. I tried to get McKay to act out some scenes from Little Women with me. No dice. But he did pose for this picture.

We also visited The North Bridge, where we saw the landmark for "the shot heard round the world" and saw the place where the first british soldier fell in the revolutionary war. I love this stuff, so it was pretty cool to see.



McKay next to the remarkably peaceful and beautiful battlefield.
(yes, his shirt is wrong on purpose. It's a joke... but is it funny? I don't know.)

S E P T E M B E R !

Labor Day weekend my whole family came for a visit in Portland. We fit 12 people in my little house, and it worked out just fine! I was so proud of how my house held up! We took the kids to the Zoo and the Children's Museum, and Sunday night we went to the beach for a big family bonfire. Total highlight for me.

Part of the crew at the Zoo


The whole fam!! Except for Carlos who ended up having to stay in Maui for work. :(

And there you have the majority of the big events this summer... all except one.
I saved the very biggest and best for last. Are you ready for this?? Are you sitting down?? :)























The highly anticipated, long awaited, much loved Baby Marshall will be arriving March of 2011. We are beyond thrilled.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the summer wrap up! Especially the last bit! So exciting! What a great time for you guys...I mean I came to visit! Just kidding - you guys so deserve all these wonderful things! So happy for you!

stacy marie said...

well done schmandyz, well done! i'm impressed with this wrap up :) and can i get a *SCREAM* for baby marshall! love the pic at the end. winston and sam are awesome. as is the cute bump hold and flying mckay :) you guys are the cutest.

HUGS AND LOTS OF CONGRATS TO YE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jennifer said...

what great news! so many good things all in one year - how fabulous for you guys :) congrats! and your "find out what kind of baby you'll be having" ultrasound should be coming soon, yes?

Lauren Call Green said...

Congratulations!! What an amazing summer. I am so happy for you both :) ~Lauren Green (Call)

krisjane said...

I love this post! Your new house is great! And I'm so excited about the baby news!! Congratulations!! It was fun to see pics of your whole family too...I love the whole Webster family! Your nephews are getting so big and you all look great! How fun to be able to get together for a fun weekend!

Amy and Dane said...

Congrats!! So exciting for you guys. Wow, a house and a baby... I think you are officially all growed up ;) Get the Christensen Guest Suite ready, we are dying for a visit. Yay!

Amy said...

And I'm crying again....so exciting!! You guys look like the cutest little family with the doggies! PS How did you get them to stay like that for a picture! Can't wait to see the little bump!

Benj and Melinda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Benj and Melinda said...

I am so so happy for you guys! That is wonderful news. You will be amazing parents. Your house is beautiful too. Congrats on everything!

Heather said...

A M A N D A!!!

Congratulations!! Baby Marshall new!!! That is absolutely FABULOUS! I really am so happy for you.

I was a Dland in May - it would have been fun to run into you. So how did you and McKay get a picture in the Park on Main Street with no one else behind or around you?

Lastly, your home is so lovely. I love the french doors, and the kitchen in gorgeous. The washer and dryer look quite nice as well. Good for you!

Heidi said...

Amanda!! Seriously, I am sooooo happy for you! Congrats you two, or should I say three! We HAVE to get together, it's crazy that we live in the same place and I NEVER see you! It's been too long, we need to get together. How are you feeling?

The Bacigalupi's said...

Holy Cow Amanda!! We are so excited for you guys. Congrats on everything. I am going to be calling you. Miss you guys.