Monday, March 28, 2011

Every Story Has a Beginning


McKay and I will celebrate our 8th anniversary this June. 8 years. That's a long time. For the majority of that time we have thought often of our family. The family that we knew was supposed to happen for us, but for whatever reason was taking some time to come together. We talked about it, prayed for it, hoped against years of disappointment that it would happen someday.

On March 10, 2011 at 8:49pm our baby girl came. I closed my eyes, gave one final push, and then I heard her beautiful little voice cry out. We sat and stared at each other for over an hour. I think we both couldn't believe the time had finally come. She is here. And I'm her mama. And along with her daddy we get to be together always.

8 years. You were so worth the wait, Macy girl. We love you to infinity and beyond.

13 comments:

Amy said...

tears, tears, tears. I've been waiting for this post! Beautiful: the picture, the words, the darling little pink bundle. Congrats you guys. We love you! (we might actually love Macy more now, sorry)

Melanie said...

I'm so excited that you guys finally got your little baby. She's beautiful, and you look great, of course ... even immediately after having her. Well, I'm so happy for you guys ... congrats!

jennifer said...

we are so happy for you guys. much love to you and your new family!

mckay, we are lovin' your mad video making skillz. thanks for giving us a glimpse into the beginnings of your new life together.

krisjane said...

She is so adorable!!! I love the video and what you wrote!! Congratulations!! So happy for your you both!!

stacy marie said...

that picture is divine! so gorgeous. love the gigantic poof poof band. i can't wait to see more baby photo shoot pics!

p.s. i found this post very inspiring. thank you.

lovelove

Heidi said...

I'm going to call you in a few weeks so I can get my hands on that baby!! She is so adorable!

Danielle said...

what a beautiful baby girl macy is! so happy for you guys! :)

Kristen said...

So beautiful and so much love! She is a lucky girl.

Em said...

Congratulations! I know all about waiting and waiting for a miracle baby. Feels like you just might appreciate her more than the peeps that don't have to wait and wait and cry for a babe, right? Enjoy.

Allyson Motschiedler said...

That video makes me cry every time. I love her already! Can't wait to hold her.

Heather said...

Oh my goodness. This made my cry - a good, happy, heartfelt cry. Congratulations.

By the way - I can totally see Webster in her. In a couple of the pics I think she looks very related to Isaac. She's beautiful.

The Bacigalupi's said...

Congratulations you guys!!! She is so sweet, and perfect. We are so happy and excited for you both. Miss you guys.

The Bacigalupi's said...

Wow, What a beautiful baby. Congrads!!!! Miss you guys.

Cort-