Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tonight, I post.


Video courtesy of McKay Marshall

Baby sleeping, husband hard at work, it's the perfect time for me to get it together and update. Finally. Do I have to keep apologizing for the lack of blog upkeep, or can we all just accept that I'm a laggy blogger? Kay.

Quick life updates:

McKay is a free man yet again (professionally, that is) hitting the freelance market in Portland like a mad man. He left his job at Funnelbox in Oregon City last month and has been enjoying the significantly shorter commute to the home office downstairs. Mace and I have loved having more time with him, and we are excited for all of his new endeavors. Check out the newly updated site:
www.mckaymarshall.com

Macy still holds her title as the most awesome baby girl on the planet. She'll be 8 months in 2 days. How is this possible? It's been an absolute blur of kisses and footy pajamas and cuddling and diapers and rubber duckies and dance parties and naps and rice cereal and toothy grins and a million trillion little details that make up the best 8 months of my existence. She has graduated to her "big girl" bed. Translation: I finally let go of my vice grip on Macy's newborn status, put the bassinet away and allowed her to sleep in her crib. I'm not good with change, especially when it comes to my sweet girl growing up, but Macy takes to it like a duck to water. It seems that with every minor freak out I have over her getting bigger, she responds with a look that says, "It's ok, Mom. This is a good thing."

She was a duck for Halloween and loved her costume. Every time I put it on her she glowed. Her whole face would light up and she would feel the fluffy material in her hands over and over.

We took her to the doctor last week and she is doing so well. She gained 2 pounds in one month which is GREAT news for our little peanut who started out in the 3rd percentile for weight. Stick it to those growth charts, Mace. She'll show them.

She is always smiling, loves the doggies, has a lovely little sense of humor and when she sets her mind to something she does not like to be trifled with. A woman I can respect.

McKay and I maintain that she is oh so much cooler than us.

I am keeping busy with the day to day, along with a few personal photography projects mixed in. I feel like my days slip away so quickly since having a baby. Not so much because I'm so busy and stressed and frazzled...mostly because I spend most of my time staring at Macy. I try to be productive, but after a little while of laundry or dishes or whatever needs to be done I think to myself, 'okay, that's enough. Now back to babyland.' I read a blog written by a woman who struggled with infertility for several years before having her baby girl 7 months ago. She wrote a blog one day called "Stare at the Baby". She talked about her typical day and gave a few examples that went something like:
"Go to the grocery store. Stare at smiling baby in the cart. Run into the isle of canned soup while staring at baby. Hurry and clean up mess before anyone notices. Go back to staring at baby."

I can totally relate to this. Sometimes I feel unproductive and like I probably should have put make up on that day, or that we really could use some clean clothes, but in the end I think about how Macy is growing up so fast, and my heart can't bear to miss one minute of it. It just can't. In short: I like being a mommy. What's more: I love being Macy's mommy.

We've officially been in our house for over a year now. A couple of weeks ago I took it upon myself as a responsible homeowner to stain our backyard fences. I'm legit. Still loving the place just as much as the day we bought it. I was thinking about how much I enjoy my house tonight as I cleaned the shower. That is love.

Okay, so not such a quick life update.

In a nutshell: Life is good. We are happy.

4 comments:

stacy marie said...

Tonight, I applaud the post.

You are a legit mommy AND blogger!
I heart you.
kkbye.

Mary said...

Well I'm blubbering like an idiot. I read this post aloud to Scott and just cried as I read. It makes me so happy to hear about you as a mommy.

Such a beautiful baby. Thanks for posting the punkin video. It is awesome.

Kristen said...

Now THAT is a post for the ages :)

Danielle said...

i absolutely loved that blog Amanda-you make a beautiful Mommy and remind me how much I need to slow down and just enjoy. Every day the to do list should say "stare at baby". :)